FlyQ EFB supports X-Plane version 10.2 or higher. To set it up:
- Ensure you're using the latest version of X-Plane (10.2 or greater required).
- Make sure your iPad and the computer running X-Plane are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- You'll need to tell X-Plane what the IP address of your iPad is. To do that:
Launch X-Plane on your computer.
Select Settings then click Net connections and iPhone/iPad.
Check the box for Send AHRS and ADS-B data to Xavion.
Enter your iPad's IP address in the text field next to Send AHRS and ADS-B data to Xavion. The field probably has a value like 192.168.0.1 by default That value will not generally work and needs to be replaced by the actual IP address of your iPad. Leave the 48002 value unchanged.
Click the X in the corner of the Net Connections window to return to X-Plane.
Open FlyQ EFB.
Tap the Settings button and swipe the list up so you can see the Devices section.
Turn X-Plane Mode on. It may take a few moments for FlyQ to recognize the change.
- Tap the Settings app on your iPad (usually on the home screen).
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network with a checkmark next to it and tap it to see more details. Note: If no network has a checkmark, you cannot connect X-Plane and FlyQ EFB.
- Write down the value you see in the IP Address field.