Tips to help troubleshoot and to optimize performance of the Dual XGPS-170 GPS\ADS-B receiver.
1. Verify the iPad is running iOS 8.4.1 to address an issue with Bluetooth.
2. Delete any apps from DUAL. They are known to block other apps from communicating with the hardware.
3. Verify the switch on the FRONT is set to 'APPLE'.
4. Verify you have the new hi-performance antenna. Its free from DUAL. (855-936-0129 -or- firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Before flight, turn the iPad's Airplane Mode= ON, Bluetooth= ON, and XGPS170= Connected.
6. While in-flight, all 3 lights (Blue, Green, White) should be solid.
7. Most parts of the country require you to be above 2000' to receive signal. For testing, drive to a ground station which may be co-located with a cell tower or at the airport. For a location near you see: http://www.faa.gov/nextgen/programs/adsb/coverageMap/
8. Before flight do Steps 1 and 2 below.
Step 1 for ALL apps! See below for instructions.
Step 2. See below for instructions.
Step 3. Skip, not required. Only do if the above does not resolve issue.
1. Kill and restart apps. Do you know how to do this?
Hit the 'Home' button on the iPad (the physical button on the bottom center front face) to get to the 'Home Screen'. Double-tap fast the 'Home' button to bring up the list of running apps. You can scroll the list side to side to see all running/open apps.
For IOS 8 or 7: You'll see a small icons on the bottom with the matching screen image of the app above. Quickly swipe (a flick, really) the screen image up off the screen and the app will be shutdown. No data is lost. Do this for ALL apps. Note: The 'Home Screen' can not closed.
Now tap the 'Home' button again to return to normal.
2. Reboot your device.
Press and hold the Power switch (on top) until "Slide to power off", then slide to turn it off.
3. Remove and re-install the app
Hit the Home button on the phone (the one physical button on the front) to get to the home screen. Move to the page that has FlyQ. Press and hold the FlyQ icon until it wiggles. Tap the X in the icons' corner. Tap the Home button again to go back to normal. Use Apple's 'App Store' to download it again.