In this article we'll outline the steps to use Microsoft Flight Simulator/Lockheed Martin Prepar3D as a GPS source for Seattle Avionics FlyQ EFB for iPad.
- Flight Simulator X -or- Flight Simulator 2004 -or- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- FSUIPC software www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
- FlightSimGPS http://flightsimgps.com
- Microsoft Windows .NET Framework 4
- FlyQ EFB
- WiFi network for your iOS device
- Download FSXFlight. Using the link provided in your sales receipt from FSUIPC Software, download FSXFlight.zip on your Flight Simulator PC. Open the zip file and extract FSXFlight.exe to anywhere on your PC.
- Start Flight Simulator. Start your flight simulator of choice. Start a flight either on the ramp or in the air. Ensure that FSUIPC is installed by checking in the Add-ons menu.
- Start FSXFlight. Double click on the FSXFlight application icon. Since flight simulator is already running FSXFlight should read “Connected to FSX.”
- Start FlyQ EFB on your iOS Device. Ensure your iPad is connected to the same network as your Flight simulator PC and launch FLyQ EFB. Be sure to have FlyQ EFB version 2.4 or later.